Location Katoomba, Leura, Blue Mountains, NSW
Duration 2 nights
Min/max attendees 1/6
Recommended for intermediate
Next availability Ask us
Pricing AU$1099.0 (Single) / AU$999.0 (Twin share)
3 Day Blue Mountains Photography Tour
Day 1 - Waterfall Photography at Leura Cascades, Katoomba Falls, Empress Falls during the day, Sunset in Govetts Leap, Blackheath, followed by astrophotography nearby. Depending on weather conditions we may even consider a 1 hour walk for a sunrise shoot at Hanging Rock.
Day 2 - Sunrise at Govetts Leap, followed by editing & waterfall photography at Gordon Falls, Sylvia Falls during the day and sunset at Cahills Lookout, followed by astrophotography nearby. Other epic sunset locations again depending on weather may take us to Olympian Lookout.
Day 3 - Sunrise at Govetts Leap is an option, followed by editing & waterfall photography at Wentworth Falls during the day to finish with a sunset at Lincoln Lookout or similar westerly view.
What we will learn
- Master Composition
- Landscape Photography
- Seascape Photography (Long Exposure, Filter Use, Fast Exposure)
- Waterfall Photography
- Advanced Editing Techniques (i.e. Focus Stacking, Bracketing, Composite, Luminosity Masking, H.D.R. & Panorama Stitch)
What to bring
- DSLR or hybrid digital camera
- Wide angle lens 16-35 & 24-70 mm range. Optional 70-200mm or 100-400mm.
- Tripod & cable release or remote
- Dependable Portable External Drive
- Laptop and power supply
- Pre-installed Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop (free 30 day trial available)
- ND Variable Filter CPL, 3 Stops or 6-10 stops
- Up to 10 kg camera gear and appropriate wet weather clothing & spiked boots or waterproof non slip boots
Note: This tour requires a moderate level of fitness with around 10,000-20,000 steps a day (2-4hrs) and uneven surfaces
- Local Transport (optional) Self Drive
- All 3 Star Accommodation
- All Tuition (6 hours per day), photography, tour-guiding & driving.
- National Park Fees
- Flights and Hotel Transfers
- All Meals
- Travel Insurance
There are currently no dates scheduled for this tour. Please get in touch if you'd like to know when this tour will run in the future.