Location Brisbane, QLD
Duration 15 hours
Min/max attendees 1/6
Recommended for beginner
Next availability Request your own date
Pricing AU$890.0 (Standard)
This comprehensive course for those starting out in photography teaches the fundamentals of digital imaging, of handling light and the art of composition. It's also the complete course to understand how to get the best out of your DSLR, mirrorless, or compact camera with manual controls. 'Hands on' workshops throughout the course are intuitive, easy to understand and the course also includes our online Beginners course valued at $490.
We focus on practical 'hands on' shooting with an emphasis on camera handling, menu options, JPEG & RAW files, white and colour balance, ISO, focus / exposure modes and pre-sets. Practical workshops over the 15 hours cover types of lighting, rules of composition, candid portraits, lifestyle, food, reflections, architecture, perspective, view point, the basics of editing and more. All taking place in great Brisbane locations. As a great bonus this course includes our 755 page Online Beginners Photography Course valued at $490.
This course makes the ideal gift to friends, family or business associates as a gift voucher. Many of our participants are traveling Interstate & incorporating the course within a mini break or extended Queensland holiday.
- Byron Bay
- Burleigh Heads
- Surfers Paradise
- Main Beach
- Tamborine Mountain
- Sanctuary Cove
- Learn how to use your DSLR camera, mirrorless, or compact digital camera
- Learn the basics of editing using Adobe Lightroom
- Fast track your technical and artistic photographic skills
- Get great shots of iconic Queensland & Byron Bay locations
- Small groups (6 persons maximum)
- Interactive, dynamic, fun, creative
- Free camera shopping service & ongoing technical support
WHAT THE COURSE COVERS
- Your DSLR digital camera functions
- Memory, file sizes, formats, storage
- Composition, light, viewpoint, angles, lens perspective
- Aperture, shutter speed, depth of field, ISO setting, white balance, exposure compensation
- Portraiture, landscapes, macro, reportage, still life, action, motion, cityscapes, architecture, nature, flowers
- Use of your flash & shooting techniques in low-light conditions.
None - this course caters to all levels of experience, including complete beginners
- No prior photography knowledge
- We recommend you have a digital DSLR camera, mirrorless, or quality compact with manual controls. You can rent a DSLR camera from us for $80 per course - find out what camera brand you like!
- Memory Card(s) - we recommend at least a 8GB card for all courses. We sell memory cards.
- Camera accessories - such as a polarising filter (tripods useful but not essential)
- Charged camera battery
COURSE PRICE & INCLUSIONS
- 15 Hours | AUD $890
- Instruction from pro AIPP accredited Andrew Thomasson
- 755 page Online Beginners Photography Course valued at $490
- Camera, lens and accessory shopping service
MEETING POINT & TIME - both days
Hog's Breath Cafe, Main Beach Seaworld Drive, Main Beach, QLD 4218
- Day 1 - 10am to 5pm
- Day 2 - 9am to 4pm
This workshop is available on demand. Please specify your preferred date and time on the booking form.