Location Hobart, TAS
Duration 7 hours
Min/max attendees 1/5
Recommended for beginner
Next availability Ask us
Pricing AU$350.0 (Standard)
The Focus 10 Beginners Photography course in Hobart is ideal for those wanting to learn the essentials of photography. It teaches the fundamentals of digital imaging, of handling light and the art of composition. It's also the complete course to understand how to get the best out of your DSLR, mirrorless, or compact camera with manual controls. 'Hands on' workshops throughout the course are intuitive, easy to understand and tutored by the professional photographer Andrew Thomasson.
We focus on practical 'hands on' shooting with an emphasis on camera handling, menu options, JPEG & RAW files, white and colour balance, ISO, focus / exposure modes and pre-sets. Practical workshops over the seven hours cover types of lighting, rules of composition, candid portraits, lifestyle, food, reflections, architecture, perspective, view point and more. All taking place in great Hobart locations. Detailed notes ensures your newly learned skills are retained.
This course makes the ideal gift to friends, family or business associates as a gift voucher. Many of our participants are flying over from the mainland incorporating the course within a mini break or extended Tasmanian holiday.
- Hobart waterfront and Franklin wharf
- Salamanca market (Saturday courses only)
- Photographing Georgian architecture throughout
- Mount Wellington and Mount Nelson Lookout
- Battery Point & Sullivans Cove
- Myrtle Forest / nature photography & waterfalls
- Learn how to use your DSLR, mirrorless, or digital compact camera
- Fast track your technical and artistic photographic skills
- Get great shots of iconic Hobart locations
- Small groups (5 persons maximum)
- Interactive, dynamic, fun
WHAT THE COURSE COVERS
- Your DSLR, mirrorless, or compact digital camera functions
- Memory, file sizes, formats, storage
- Composition, light, viewpoint, angles, lens perspective
- Aperture, shutter speed, depth of field, ISO setting, white balance, exposure compensation
- Portraiture, landscapes, macro, reportage, still life, action, motion, cityscapes, architecture, nature, flowers
- Use of your flash & shooting techniques in low-light conditions.
- No prior photography knowledge
- We recommend you have a digital DSLR camera, mirrorless, or quality compact with manual controls. You can rent a DSLR camera from us for $50 per course - find out what camera brand you like!
- Memory Card(s) - we recommend at least a 8GB card for all courses. We normally have memory cards available for purchase on the day (32GB for $25)
- Camera accessories - such as a polarising filter (tripods useful but not essential)
- Charged camera battery
COURSE PRICE & INCLUSIONS
- 7 Hours | AUD $350
- Instruction from professional photographers
- Detailed notes
- Camera, lens, and accessory shopping service
MEETING POINT & TIME
Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre, 20 Davey Street, Hobart, TAS
10am to 5pm
There are currently no dates scheduled for this workshop. Please get in touch if you'd like to know when this workshop will run in the future.