Location Sydney, NSW
Duration 15 hours
Min/max attendees 1/6
Recommended for beginner
Next availability (Sydney time) Sun, 10 Dec 09:30
Pricing AU$790.0 (Standard)
This comprehensive course for those starting out in photography teaches the fundamentals of digital imaging, of handling light and the art of composition. It's also the complete course to understand how to get the best out of your DSLR, mirrorless, or compact camera with manual controls. 'Hands on' workshops throughout the course are intuitive, easy to understand and the course also includes our online Beginners course worth $490.
We focus on practical 'hands on' shooting with an emphasis on camera handling, menu options, JPEG & RAW files, white and colour balance, ISO, focus / exposure modes and pre-sets. Practical workshops over the 15 hours cover types of lighting, rules of composition, candid portraits, lifestyle, food, wildlife, reflections, architecture, perspective, view point, the basics of editing and more. All taking place in great Sydney locations. As a great bonus this course includes our 755 page Online Beginners Photography Course valued at $490
This course makes the ideal gift to friends, family or business associates as a gift voucher. Many of our participants are travelling from regional NSW or interstate, incorporating the course within a mini break or extended Sydney holiday.
- Circular Quay
- Botanical Gardens
- Sydney CBD
- Taronga zoo
- Cockatoo Island
- Learn how to use your DSLR camera, mirrorless or compact
- Learn the basics of editing using Lightroom
- Fast track your photographic technical and artistic skills
- Get great shots of iconic Sydney locations
- Small groups (6 persons maximum)
- Interactive, dynamic, fun, creative
- Free camera shopping service & ongoing technical support
WHAT THE COURSE COVERS
- Your DLSR digital camera functions
- Memory, file sizes, formats, storage
- Composition, light, viewpoint, angles, lens perspective
- Aperture, shutter speed, depth of field, ISO setting, white balance, exposure compensation
- Portraiture, landscapes, macro, reportage, still life, action, motion, cityscapes, architecture, nature, flowers
- Use of your flash & shooting techniques in low-light conditions.
- No prior photography knowledge
- We recommend you have a digital DSLR camera, mirrorless, quality compact with manual controls. You can do this course with a smartphone.
You can rent a DSLR camera from us for $80 per course
- Memory Card(s) - we recommend at least a 8GB card for all courses. We sell 32GB memory cards ($25)
- Camera accessories - such as a polarising filter (tripods useful but not essential)
- Charged camera battery
COURSE PRICE & INCLUSIONS
- 15 Hours | AUD $790
- Instruction from professional photographer
- 755 page Online Beginners Photography Course valued at $490
- Camera, lens and accessory shopping service
MEETING POINT & TIME
Day 1 - 9.30am to 4.30pm - Taronga Zoo - at outside coffee shop tables besides gift shop
Day 2 - 10am to 5pm - 18 Argyle St, The Rocks. Near the Red phone box & Legacy Fountain
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Paying for your course in full upon booking will confirm your attendance. Places are limited on all courses.
We reserve the right to cancel and reschedule any course, due to inadequate enrollment, bad weather, instructor illness, an 'act of God' or a force majeure such as a pandemic. As an example, a photography course has to be cancelled or deferred to another date and time due to COVID 19 border closures and lockdowns which is beyond the control of Focus 10 Pty Ltd and other related parties. We also reserve the right to cancel any course if there is insufficient demand, especially if it means that our costs would be higher than our income. Please therefore do not leave it until the last few weeks if you are interested in a particular date, as you may find that it has been cancelled. As our costs for each training event remain the same no matter how many delegates attend, like any pre-booked tickets for the theatre, concert, flights etc, we are unable to give a full refund in the event of non-attendance, regardless of the circumstances. If withdrawal occurs within the 14 days before the course starts we will try to put you on an alternative date if places are available. Please note that we cannot be liable for any other costs incurred by yourself, so please check with us before booking any non-refundable accommodation or transport.
We reserve the right to take photographic, (both still and video) records of any of our workshops/courses which may be used for promotional purposes, submissions, advertising and records. We grant permission for participants to use any images captured by them during this workshop for self-promotion only. Participants may not make any financial gain from any images captured during this workshop/course.
- Sun, 10 Dec 09:30
- Sat, 16 Dec 10:00