Location Sydney, NSW
Duration 7 hours
Min/max attendees 1/6
Recommended for beginner
Next availability Ask us
Pricing AU$350.0 (Standard)
• Iconic Sydney locations • outdoors • night shoot • small groups • dynamic • fun • detailed notes • 7 hours: $350
The Focus 10 Beginners Photography course in Sydney is ideal for those wanting to learn the essentials of photography. It teaches the fundamentals of digital imaging, of handling light and the art of composition. It's also the complete course to understand how to get the best out of your DSLR, mirrorless, or compact camera with manual controls. 'Hands on' workshops throughout the course are intuitive, easy to understand and tutored by the professional photographer Andrew Thomasson.
We focus on practical 'hands on' shooting with an emphasis on camera handling, menu options, JPEG & RAW files, white and colour balance, ISO, focus / exposure modes and pre-sets. Practical workshops over the seven hours cover types of lighting, rules of composition, candid portraits, lifestyle, food, reflections, architecture, perspective, view point and more. All taking place in great Sydney locations. Detailed notes ensures your newly learned skills are retained.
The Focus 10 Digital 1 photography course is suited to anyone...... singles, parents, students, travellers, journalists, government employees, graphic designers....for as one of Australia's most reputable and innovative photography companies, we have taught people from all walks of life for over 30 years.
- Learn how to use your DSLR camera or digital compact
- Fast track your photographic technical and artistic skills
- Get great shots of iconic Sydney locations
- Small groups (6 persons maximum)
- Interactive, dynamic, fun, creative
- Free camera shopping service & ongoing technical support
WHAT THE COURSE COVERS:
- Your DSLR camera functions
- Memory, file sizes, formats, storage
- Composition, light, viewpoint, angles, lens perspective
- Aperture, shutter speed, depth of field, ISO setting, white balance, exposure compensation
- Portraiture, landscapes, macro, reportage, still life, action, motion, cityscapes, architecture, nature, flowers
- Use of your flash & shooting techniques in low-light conditions.
- No prior photography knowledge
- We recommend you have a DSLR camera, mirrorless, or quality compact with manual controls. You can rent a DSLR camera from us for $50 per course - find out what camera brand you like!
- Memory Card(s) - we recommend at least a 4GB card for all courses. We sell memory cards
- Camera accessories - such as a polarising filter (tripods useful but not essential)
- Charged camera battery
COURSE PRICE & INCLUSIONS
- 7 Hours: AUD $350
- Instruction from professional photographers
- Detailed notes
- Camera, lens and accessory shopping service
MEETING POINT & TIME
18 Argyle Street, Sydney
This is opposite the Clocktower and near the red phone box
10am to 5pm
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Paying for your course in full upon booking will confirm your attendance. Places are limited on all courses.
We reserve the right to cancel and reschedule any course, due to inadequate enrolment, bad weather, instructor illness, an 'act of God' or a force majeure such as a pandemic. As an example, a photography course has to be cancelled or deferred to another date and time due to Covid 19 border closures and lockdowns which is beyond the control of Focus 10 Pty Ltd and other related parties. We also reserve the right to cancel any course if there is insufficient demand, especially if it means that our costs would be higher than our income. Please therefore do not leave it until the last few weeks if you are interested in a particular date, as you may find that it has been cancelled. As our costs for each training event remain the same no matter how many delegates attend, like any pre-booked tickets for the theatre, concert, flights etc, we are unable to give a full refund in the event of non-attendance, regardless of the circumstances. If withdrawal occurs within the 14 days before the course starts we will try to put you on an alternative date if places are available. Please note that we cannot be liable for any other costs incurred by yourself, so please check with us before booking any non-refundable accommodation or transport.
We reserve the right to take photographic, (both still and video) records of any of our workshops/courses which may be used for promotional purposes, submissions, advertising and records. We grant permission for participants to use any images captured by them during this workshop for self-promotion only. Participants may not make any financial gain from any images captured during this workshop/course.
There are currently no dates scheduled for this workshop. Please get in touch if you'd like to know when this workshop will run in the future.