Location Sydney, NSW
Duration 7 hours
Min/max attendees 1/6
Recommended for everyone
Next availability Ask us
Pricing AU$340.0 (Standard)
TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE
SYDNEY | 7 HOURS | CUSTOM TAILORED ADVICE
- Taught by travel photography experts
- Detailed notes, tailored advice
- Worldwide locations and environments
- 7 hrs of outdoor, interactive shooting
- Small groups (6 max) meet fellow travellers
- Learn practical, hands-on techniques for creating better travel photographs
- Bonus $100 Focus 10 gift voucher
As a travel photographer you need to select your imaging devices to best suit the situation. Lightweight, unobtrusive camera gear means more freedom to mingle with the locals in Zanzibar. Rugged and reliable pro gear matters for exacting wildlife photography. On this course, you will be shooting street scenes, candid portraits, nature, wildlife, landscapes, food, architecture, abstract, action, activities, culture, adventure...with tailor made advice given on the technique and camera gear to suit the destination and activity.
This exciting and vibrant course emphasises the need to be versatile in your photography - one needs to be adaptable in your shooting style to suit varying conditions such as weather, time of day and time of year of a region or event. If it's raining, you learn to shoot macro and portraiture. If it's classic landscapes maybe it's a dawn shoot for the perfect light. Every course is supported by comprehensive notes on everything relating to travel photography - ideal as a reference guide on the road.
We profile the world's most photogenic locations in a wrap-up slide show - Antarctica, Himalaya, Asia, Burma, Mongolia, The Andes, Paris, London, Rome, Scotland, Turkey, Greece, Canada, Vietnam, The Red Centre, Namibia, South and East Africa to name but a few of the worlds most photogenic locations.
- Learn how to use every feature on your digital camera to the full
- Covers lens and linear perspective, depth of field
- White balance & filters, balancing interior/exterior light, flash tips
- Capturing motion, unusual viewpoints & tilting
- Portraiture, landscapes, still life, motion, architecture, nature, wildlife
- Reflections, heat & dust, snow & cold, the essence of a region
- Post production tips
- Interactive, dynamic, fun. Hands on shooting & telling your travel story
- No previous photographic experience required.
- A compact, mirror-less, DSLR camera, or smartphone
- Memory Card(s): we recommend at least a 4 GB card
- Charged camera battery and a spare if you have one
- A wide angle is useful for landscapes. A telephoto for wildlife
- Your travel itinerary
TIME & LOCATION
9.30am to 4.30pm - Taronga Zoo - at outside coffee shop tables besides gift shop
- Detailed notes
- Custom tailored advice pertaining to your travel destination and activities
- Ongoing technical support as to the right camera gear, lenses and accessories
- $100 Focus 10 gift voucher
There are currently no dates scheduled for this workshop. Please get in touch if you'd like to know when this workshop will run in the future.