Location Bondi Beach, Sydney, NSW
Duration 3 hours
Min/max attendees 1/1
Recommended for beginner
Next availability (Sydney time) Wed, 13 Dec 13:00
Pricing AU$1980.0 (Groups of up to 20) / AU$594.0 (Groups of up to 6 ) / AU$990.0 (Groups of up to 10) / AU$1188.0 (Groups of up to 12)
EXPLORE YOUR SMARTPHONE CAMERA’S POTENTIAL WITH A GROUP OF COLLEAGUES OR FRIENDS
Minimum 6 participants .
** THIS WORKSHOP TAKES GROUP BOOKINGS ONLY ** and is specifically tailored for your group or team.
We can meet at your premises as we run through the principals of controlling and understanding light. Teaching you all we know about great composition and what you can achieve when you have specific requirements for images for your work or business.
Or – as an example – travel around Sydney’s iconic Bondi Beach and its surrounding precinct as you learn all about shooting with your smartphone; the surfers, the lifesavers, the sunbathers and graffiti amongst a whole tonne of other subjects.
We will create an individually tailored training experience – whether it be indoor or outdoor. This can incorporate a visually stimulating presentation followed by a photography challenge for your team, or an exciting fully tailored ‘on-location’ photo expedition for your friends.
Discover the playfulness of the dance between light and dark as you learn how to control exposure and light. This photography workshop will teach you to control your smartphone’s camera to its full potential.
Gain a tactile skill to easily capture the beauty in the mundane, the story behind those stranger’s eyes because that’s what your viewers really want to see and you will cherish for a lifetime. Captivate your followers on social media, new and old, with a consistent look and style for your feed that is imprinted with you of the essence of your business.
SIGN UP FOR SYDNEY’S MOST COMPREHENSIVE SMARTPHONE PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP WITH YOUR GROUP OR TEAM
With your camera you’ll explore the beauty of the landscape, understand how to setup for street photography and take candid portraits, play with colour and black and white, and learn how to capture the nuances of architecture and master lifestyle images.
Know your way around your camera! Join us for this fun, social, creative and informative Workshop led and taught by your own working and multi award winning photographer.
SUITABLE FOR ALL SMARTPHONES.
OVERVIEW OF SOME OF THE TOPICS
- Exposure & understanding light (how to control this on your phone)
- Focus techniques
- Locking focus & exposure
- Framing & composition – training your eye to see
- Creating interesting images that capture your viewers and makes them look twice
- Creating a consistent captivating look and style for your feed
- Making the most of the environment for effective selfies
- Using colour to make your images pop
- Visual story telling
- Street photography : the ethics of shooting in public spaces
- Making the most of filters
- Shooting for a square format
- Portraits (candid, setup & street photography)
- Shapes (lines, repetition, patterns & reflections)
- Colour and black & white
- Lifestyle images
NO PRIOR PHOTOGRAPHY KNOWLEDGE IS NEEDED FOR THIS PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
PLEASE NOTE: This workshop runs for 3 hours and you will be walking and standing. An appropriate amount of fitness is required.
You will need:
- Fully charged battery and spare - if you have one
- Dress casual & comfortable with sensible shoes (you may get a little dirty at some locations)
- A water bottle is a good idea
- Sunscreen & Hat
- Wet weather gear if any rain is forecast
A final weather check will be conducted with the Bureau of Meteorology on the morning of each workshop. This may lead to the workshop being postponed in cases of unfavourable weather reports. The workshop may run in cases of light showers but not in persistent showers or heavy rain.
N.B. Classes are run subject to acquiring minimum numbers
- Wed, 13 Dec 13:00