Location Margaret River, WA
Duration 17 hours
Min/max attendees 1/10
Recommended for beginner
Next availability Ask us
Pricing AU$790.0 (Standard) / AU$900.0 ()
The Margaret River premium wine region is the place for indulging many passions. It’s the only wine region in Australia where you can hop from award-winning wineries and restaurants to stunning beaches, tall-timber forests, world-class surf breaks and ancient caves. Situated just a few hours drive from Perth, the region offers a huge selection of amazing wineries, gourmet food and boutique accommodation making it ideal for a romantic getaway, weekend escape and to run our two day Margaret River Weekend Photography course.
The 2 day Travel Photography course in Margaret River is a structured series of 10 workshops covering food and wine, landscapes, portraiture, action, nature, lifestyle, architecture, camera gear, and camera handling in the world famous Margaret River region renowned for its natural beauty and spoilt for top quality gourmet food, wine, gorgeous beaches, rolling, green hills and tall Karri forests.
WHAT TO EXPECT
What can beat shooting surfers whilst savouring a local wine as the sun slowly sinks into the Indian ocean. We treat you to drinks and nibbles!
Margaret River and its premium wine region is the place for indulging many passions. It's the only wine region in Australia where you can hop from award-winning wineries and restaurants to stunning beaches, tall-timber forests, world-class surf breaks and ancient caves. Situated just a few hours drive from Perth, the region offers a huge selection of world-class wineries, gourmet food and boutique accommodation making it ideal for a romantic getaway, weekend escape and to run our 2 day Travel Photography weekend course.
Some of the great locations and wineries we may visit include Aravina Winery, Swallow Winery, Voyager Estate, Olio Bello Olive Oil Company, Redgate Beach Blowholes, Hamelin Bay, Boranup Forest & art gallery, limestone caves, Leeuwin- Naturaliste National Park, Cape Leeuwin National Park, Margaret River, Prevelly, Gnarabup and Yallingup. On every course we discover another location gem or winery and are totally flexible as to where we go.
WHAT THE COURSE COVERS
- Learn how to use every feature of your digital camera to the full
- 10 workshops over 2 days covering: What gear, camera handling
- Photo reportage, food & wine, landscapes, portraits, action
- Lifestyle, nature, architecture, image display
- Use of light on water, clouds, silhouettes, shadows, twilight
- Post production tips for screen and print usage
- Notes, critique & ongoing networking, advice and technical support
We meet at Blue Ginger Fine Foods, 7/31 Station Rd, Margaret River on both days. Starting times are 10am on Saturday and 9am on Sunday. Generally we car pool into one or two vehicles depending on numbers.
- We recommend completing a Beginners Photography course beforehand
- DSLR camera with fully charged battery, plus spare battery and battery charger
- At least one quality lens such as a Nikkor 18-200mm or a Canon 17-85mm and other lenses that you own
- Min 4GB memory card per day of shooting
- Any camera accessories - such as a tripod, and polarizing filter
INCLUSIONS & EXCLUSIONS
- Comprehensive PDF on notes
- Sunset drinks and nibbles overlooking Margaret River surf break
- Accommodation - we can recommend several options
- Transport to/from Margaret River
- Food and beverages
- Cave entrance fees (for those that would like to explore this option)
There are currently no dates scheduled for this workshop. Please get in touch if you'd like to know when this workshop will run in the future.