Location Hobart, TAS
Duration 4 hours
Min/max attendees 1/1
Recommended for beginner
Next availability Request your own date
Pricing AU$475.0 (Standard)
There is no set structure, curriculum or location for our outdoor photography tuition sessions; we will tailor the topics to your experience, interests and skill level whether you are just starting out or want to refine your existing skills.
Let us know a little about your photographic interests and we’ll go from there…
All that you learn in your outdoor classroom is through experimentation and comprehensive guidance throughout the session. Topics will include, but will not be limited to...
• Setting up your camera for the best possible results
• Understanding and working with natural light
• Composition to enhance your image
• Correct exposure and interpreting the histogram
• Effectively adjusting ISO and white balance
• Depth of field and aperture settings
• Ensuring correct shutter speeds for the subject and conditions
• Accurate focusing
Throughout the session, you will review your photos on the LCD screen to continuously improve your skills and learn new and different approaches to photographing a range of subjects.
By the end of the session, you’ll be navigating the buttons, dials and menus on your camera with greater confidence and gaining much more from its available features.
Location and where to meet…
The location of your outdoor photography tuition session will be suggested based on your interests and goals*.
- Generally within a 30km radius of Hobart CBD – an additional cost may apply for travel to a location outside of the greater Hobart region.
There are many and varied locations to choose from in Hobart itself or a short distance from Hobart CBD – here are few ideas…
• Hobart waterfront and historic precincts
• Mt Wellington – nature, landscape, waterfalls & macro/close-ups
• Richmond Village – colonial and convict-built structures
• Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens – macro/close-ups
• Inverawe Native Gardens – bird photography, plants & flowers (entry fee applies)
Private Tuition is scheduled by request, subject to the availability of a tutor. Please let us know if your dates are flexible. We will make suggestions of alternative dates if the date/time you request is not available.
This tuition is available on demand. Please specify your preferred date and time on the booking form.